You’re a high energy, busy woman. You need to keep up with commitments and extra work you take on because you just can’t say no. You try to be everything to everyone. You try to keep up with the endless demands of all those around you because you like to make others happy. You my friend, are a people pleaser.
If you are ready to discover a life beyond that of pleasing others, you are in the right place!
That’s right, I’m telling you that it is possible to change. You can curb your people-pleasing ways and do it with kindness, bringing more joy and happiness into your life.
You might be a please-aholic if you sometimes feel:
- Conflicted when you say yes but too guilty to say no.
- Stressed due to the high expectations you set for yourself.
- Sad that you have lost your own sense of unique personality and beliefs.
- Overwhelmed with responsibility.
- Like giving up, burnt out and exhausted but feel it would be selfish to relax and recharge.
- Frustrated that you never have time to focus on your own well-being or personal interests.
- Angry at others taking advantage of your willingness to meet their demands.
- Pressured because you are hard on yourself.
- Scared of confrontation.
- Shameful and small when you don’t speak up for yourself.
- Afraid of rejection and worried about what others think. You find yourself saying what you think others want to hear, which makes you to feel false and alone.
- Fear of rejection, conflict and being alone.
If you can relate to most of these feelings, you are most likely a please-aholic. Learn how you can change your life.
"Sheila's approach helped me to realize the positive intention and deeper values behind my behaviour, and how I could use them to help propel my success in life rather than let fear inhibit it."
- Vanessa S.